Home Health Care Nurses Extend Congratulations to New RN Graduates: We Want You to Know We Love Our Jobs, And We Invite You to Join Us
Are you discouraged with your job search? No one will hire you until you have more experience, and you can’t get experience until someone hires you. Take heart: Pegasus wants to hire new RN graduates.
We have learned over the years that hiring RNs who have recently graduated benefits everyone. We benefit because new nurses are enthusiastic and energetic. As a new RN graduate, you gain experience doing the job you love.
Pegasus Home Health care is nurse owned and operated. We know what you face when you care for individuals. You can count on us for the support and training you need to advance in your career.
We understand that working in hospitals isn’t for every nurse. Many RNs have found job satisfaction providing in-home care. Your skills are challenged, but you don’t have the stress inherent in most facilities.
The demand for nurses in all fields continues to grow. Home health care is one of the fastest growing industries according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS May 2016). The role of nurses able to care for individuals in their home is expanding.
Several factors are responsible for the growth, including:
- An aging population
- Increasing desire of individuals to live at home
- Release from facilities before patients are able to care for themselves
- Improved technology that makes complex in-home care possible
Nurses will continue to experience job security when they choose home care.
Home Health Care Is Beneficial for Nurses and Their Patients
As well as job security, in-home care offers other benefits for nurses. These include:
- Flexibility – you determine the hours and days you want to work and set patient appointments accordingly
- Variety – each patient, condition, situation, and setting is different
- Independence – you are part of a team, but you’re working on your own
- Relationships – because you’re in the patient’s home, you have the opportunity to get to know them, which helps you give them the best possible care
Perhaps the most rewarding benefit is seeing the difference you make in your patient’s lives over the long term.
Home health care has benefits for most patients. Among these are:
- Reduced risk of infection from other patients
- Sleeping in their own beds
- Eating food prepared at home
- Having family and friends visit when they want
Patients are more comfortable and happier at home, which helps improve their overall health.
Home Health Nurses Have the Same Duties As Other Nurses
It’s a myth that in-home care isn’t real nursing. You have the same responsibilities for patient care as any other nurse. You just aren’t caring for several patients at once.
You care for your patients one at a time. You’re able to customize the care that each individual requires. You don’t rush from one patient to another and hope for the best.
The job requires driving to your patient’s home, which can sometimes be frustrating. However, it also gives you an opportunity to decompress between patients. The breaks help to improve the care you give to each.
As a home health care nurse, you offer the same care that you would in a facility. In-home care includes duties such as:
- Infusion and IV therapy
- Wound care
- Post-surgical care
- Wellness checks
- Nutrition counseling
You also assess the patient’s home environment as well as the patient.
You create, implement, and modify a care plan. Help is always available if you need it, but no one is looking over your shoulders. You have autonomy.
Other ways you help your patients include:
- Education – you show patients how to care for themselves and teach their family members basic health practices
- Advocacy – you recommend services and treatments that are in the best interest of the patient
- Networking – you coordinate resources from community agencies and others to obtain services the family needs to keep patients safe in their homes
Everything you do has the goal of keeping patients healthy at home.
Pegasus Is a Good Choice for New RN Graduates
Pegasus is a licensed Home Care Organization and a Joint Commission Accredited Home Health Care organization. We have consistently provided high-quality care to our clients since 1994. We adhere to the highest ethical and clinical standards.
Our team of professionals tailors their services to fit the needs of each client. We strive to keep each client independent and comfortable. Individuals are treated with dignity and respect for their privacy regardless of their medical needs.
We encourage our professionals to be proactive. We’ll listen to your ideas and suggestions. You’ll be treated with respect by your colleagues and by our staff.
You’ll have opportunities for personal and professional growth. You’ll also be able to keep up with the standards of the nursing profession. We are all professionals, but we strive to maintain a family atmosphere.
Pegasus Home Health wants to hire new RN graduates. Click here to join our term. You will gain nursing experience while helping others have a better life.