Home Health Care Offers Many Benefits For Nurses and Pegasus Goes Beyond Those With Ten More Benefits That Support Our Professional Team
Pegasus Home Health Care is licensed by the Department of Health and Accredited by The Joint Commission. Since 1994 we have consistently provided quality care to our clients. The skills and abilities of our professionals are validated with trust, appreciation, and respect from patients, physicians, and community partners.
Our in-home nurses in Tarzana and elsewhere assist clients of all ages, with varying healthcare needs. Their focus is to provide patients with the same care and treatment they might otherwise receive in a clinical setting and to educate the patient and family members on how to safely manage their care at home. Career home health care nurses know that educating patients can help them feel empowered, and engaged in their rehabilitation and recovery.
Benefits Of Working In Home Health Care
Home Health Nurses work independently in a patient’s home, and doing so provides the opportunity to utilize a wide range of clinical skills and apply critical thinking. Home health nurses are an essential link between patients and their multidisciplinary care team, which may include family members, caregivers, physicians, specialty clinics, and pharmacies.
Because the role of a home health nurse has become an invaluable piece of the health care continuum, home health nurses are respected throughout the medical community.
A career in home health can be a source of gainful employment while simultaneously allowing flexibility and work-life balance. Home health nurses have the option to establish a work schedule that fits with school, parental duties, and other personal interests. As long as they provide consistent availability to an agency, they will find most employers are willing to let them work on a per diem basis.
For those who wish to work on a more traditional schedule, home health also offers full-time positions, and some agencies like Pegasus, offer a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, health care benefits, and a 401k plan with matching.
As a home health nurse, you’ll use your clinical skills for assessment and treatment. And you’ll also hone your ability to assess your patient’s safety and risk for rehospitalization.
You will be assessing and determining factors such as:
- Your patient’s risk for falls
- Your patient’s ability to take medications as prescribed
- Your patient’s ability to improve and achieve rehabilitation goals
- Your patient’s need and access to caregiver support
Ten More Ways Pegasus Home Health Care Supports Nurses
In addition to the benefits described above, Pegasus goes beyond to support home healthcare professionals who join our team.
- We are a nurse-owned and operated organization with experienced leadership who listen, understand, and support the needs of home health nurses.
- We cultivate a “family” atmosphere.
- We offer positions that include paid time off and healthcare coverage.
- We have a 401k plan in place that includes generous employer matching.
- At Pegasus, you’ll work for an agency that enjoys a consistently high census. This means you’ll have steady work and gainful employment.
- A steady flow means you can see patients within a 15-mile radius of your home.
- We offer training and educational opportunities that can help advance your professional career and provide CEU credits.
- When considering a potential employer, knowing that an organization stands for quality and integrity is important. Pegasus is recognized as an industry leader and is trusted by physicians, hospitals, and healthcare systems.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion have always been a priority at Pegasus. For us, these are more than just buzzwords.
- The Pegasus Credo is based on the CASTLE principles© of Courage, Authenticity, Service, Truthfulness, Love, and Effectiveness. These principles guide us in all that we do. They are the basis of how we treat our patients, our clients, and one another.
Improving Patient Well-Being Is A Source of Job Satisfaction
Although Pegasus clinicians serve patients of all ages, the majority are older adults. And many of those individuals want to age in place. Remaining in one’s own home has proven health benefits, including increased quality of life.
The in-home care you offer improves patient well-being. Knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of others gives meaning to your work. And that’s an essential element of job satisfaction.
It’s Time To Make Pegasus Your Professional Home
Pegasus in-home nurses in Tarzana and other locations have a high level of job satisfaction that comes from truly making a difference in the lives of the patients they care for. Career home health care nurses love what they do!
National Nurse Day and Week and Skilled Nursing Care Week are celebrated in May. However, at Pegasus, we appreciate our professionals 24/7/365. Apply now to join our team!