If You’re Looking for Registered Nurse Jobs That Provide Rewarding Career Options, Check Out Highland Park Home Health Care Opportunities
As a nurse, you’re dedicated to caring for people. That can be exhausting and sometimes leads to burn out. Pegasus offers registered nurse jobs that are a rewarding career option while reducing stress and overwork.
Pegasus is a leader in providing home health care. Our clients are primarily seniors, but we also provide care for younger individuals. As part of our team, your abilities will help a variety of individuals remain as healthy and independent as possible.
Make a Real Difference Where You Work
You’ll be performing the same professional duties you’re used to doing. The difference will be the setting. Rather than in a facility, you’ll minister to individuals in the comfort of their Highland Park homes.
In-home care benefits you and your patients.
You’ll learn more about:
- Your patient’s medical conditions, so that you are better able to personalize treatment
- How your patient functions on a daily basis and any potential dangers in the home environment
- The personality of your patient, which enables you to make sure he or she is getting the best treatment
You’ll be caring for the whole person for as long as needed.
Home care nurses in Highland Park have the opportunity to form connections with their patients. Patients often confide details about their health they wouldn’t otherwise mention. Those details improve the care they receive.
Highland Park Home Health Care and Registered Nurses
Registered nurses providing home health care set their own schedule. If you want, you can do your charting between visits or at home. You aren’t rushed or pressured.
As well as flexibility, you’ll enjoy:
- Independence – there’s no one looking over your shoulder telling you how to do your job or assigning non-nursing chores to you
- Teaching – you’ll show patients how to care for themselves and teach their family members basic health practices
- Advocacy – you’ll be recommending services and treatments that are in the best interest of the patient
- Networking – you’ll coordinate resources from community agencies and others to obtain services the family needs to keep patients safe in their homes
Everything you do has the goal of keeping patients healthy at home.
As well as the usual skills involved in nursing, home care presents special challenges. For example, you won’t always have all the supplies available as you do in a facility. Families can’t always afford everything needed.
Some patients make do with homemade supplies. You will have opportunities to use your imagination and creativity to use what is on hand. You may find yourself inventing what you need from items in the household.
Home health care nurses care for an individual, not a diagnosis or statistic. As you progress with each person, you’ll see improvements in their health over the long-term. Your skill truly makes a difference in the lives of your patients.
Experience the Diversity of Home Health Care
A variety of patients and conditions provide the diversity needed to keep your work interesting. Contrary to some stories, you are providing real nursing duties. Your responsibilities include:
- Administering medications
- Administering IVs
- Caring for wounds and changing dressings
- Coordinating care with physicians, therapists, and dietitians
- Developing plans for care
- Monitoring vital signs
- Supervising LVNs and aides
You care for patients with chronic conditions as well as those recovering from an acute condition or an injury.
As you teach good health practices to patients and their families, you’ll also learn from them.
- Different ways that families interact with each other
- How others form social relationships
- The impact that different religions have on individuals
- Food preferences and preparation methods
- Varying standards of hygiene and cleanliness among households
Learning more about the different ways in which individuals live will expand your horizons and enrich your life.
Pegasus is a licensed Home Care Organization and a Joint Commission Accredited Home Health Care organization. We have consistently provided quality care to our clients since 1994. Our reputation is based on adhering to the highest ethical and clinical standards.
Our team of experts tailors their services to fit the needs of each client. We strive to keep each client independent and comfortable. Individuals are treated with dignity and respect for their privacy regardless of their medical needs.
Join Our Team of Home Health Care Professionals
Professionals who join us receive the training and support they need to advance their careers. Your skills and abilities will be validated with trust, appreciation, and respect from your colleagues. Daily improving the health and quality of life for others keeps your work satisfying and stimulating.
Does working one-on-one with patients in their homes appeal to you? If so, click here to apply for Highland Park registered nurse jobs. Make Pegasus Home Health Care your professional home for rewarding career options.