Home Care in Eagle Rock Can Help You Stay Healthy Mentally and Physically So That You Can Enjoy Independence and A High Quality of Life
People refer to you now as a senior or call you elderly. You know the passing years have taken a toll on you. It’s time to let Pegasus help you stay healthy.
You can always improve your present state of health. Age doesn’t count. What counts is not giving up.
Even the smallest ways of caring for yourself leads to benefits, such as:
- Being more active
- Improving your memory
- Strengthening your immune system
- Increasing your energy
Any improvement in one category leads to improvements in the others.
Eagle Rock home caregivers know practical ways to help you meet goals and stay healthy. They encourage you to do as much for yourself as you safely can. They offer assistance as needed without infringing on your independence.
Lifestyle Habits Have a Role a Good Health
Staying physically healthy means:
- Eating nutritious meals
- Not smoking
- Taking prescribed medications correctly
Improving your physical health helps you improve your mental health.
Staying mentally healthy includes:
- Accepting your limitations with grace and dignity
- Finding new activities to enjoy
- Reducing your stress about things beyond your control
- Strengthening your connections to those you care about
Feeling fear or anxiety about growing older drags you down and impairs your health.
September is Healthy Aging® Month. The sponsors suggest a variety of ways mature adults can stay healthy. Home care can help you incorporate their suggestions and improve your overall health.
Home Care in Eagle Rock Helps You Stay Healthy and Independent
If you’re able to walk, do your best to walk tall. If you stand up straight, you’ll look better and feel better. If you use a mobility device, such as a wheelchair, avoid slumping if you can.
Regardless of your age or health, it’s important to eat well. Eagle Rock home care specialists can assist you with food shopping and preparation. They also understand how to comply with dietary restrictions.
You may be prescribed certain medications that must be timed with meals. Some meds interact with certain foods. Your caregiver can help you keep track of timing and dosages.
Getting adequate exercise isn’t as easy as it was when you were younger. That isn’t a license to turn into a couch potato. Any movement is better than no movement.
One of the most important aspects of exercise is improving your balance. Injuries from falling leave many seniors disabled. A major benefit of home care in Eagle Rock is gaining practice in safety and accident prevention.
Tending to Your Health Has Many Benefits
Eating well and getting adequate exercise also benefits your:
- Skeleton – your bones will probably get brittle and thinner as you age regardless of what you do. But good health practices can slow the process and keep your bones stronger longer.
- Heart – your heart might function a little less efficiently as the years pass. Your caregiver will work with your physician to make sure you consume a heart-healthy diet.
- Nervous system – age can lead to changes in your nervous system that can slow your reflexes. Gentle exercises can strengthen your body and help you avoid accidents.
- Digestion – your digestive tract loses some of its ability to process food and eliminate waste as you get older. Your caregiver will help you substitute easier-to-digest foods that are as tasty as your favorites.
- Senses – your five senses can start to deteriorate as time goes by. With assistance, you’ll discover new ways of developing awareness of your surroundings.
Changes in your body and physical health present challenges, but none are insurmountable.
If you are a smoker, you already know how important it is to quit. A professional caregiver isn’t going to nag or push you. When you are ready to quit, you can count on him or her for support and encouragement.
Being Positive Helps You Stay Mentally Healthy
You are unique. Do your best to avoid stereotypes of what a particular age is like. Yes, you have limitations due to maturity, but you are not defined by them.
Every experience you’ve had as you’ve grown and what you’ve learned defines you. Your life is changing, but you have the ability to adapt to those changes.
Socrates’ advice to “Know Thyself” is helpful to many seniors. Your interests now may not be the same as your youthful pleasures, but they’re valid. Pursue them.
Keep your mental faculties functioning by:
- Focusing on what you still have, not what you’ve lost
- Practicing stress reduction techniques
- Learning to enjoy new activities
- Avoiding people who try to drag you down with doom and gloom about aging
- Doing things you used to enjoy, such as trying new recipes, reading, or gardening
- Visiting with friends
When you rise to the challenge of facing your aging obstacles with a positive attitude, gratitude replaces anxiety.
Home care from Eagle Rock professionals can help you stay healthy, independent, and enjoying life. This is your time. Make the most of it.